We have added 20 new Halloween images just in time to inspire spooky writing for your students.
Here are 8 writing prompts that will help scaffold students writing.
- What is the scariest thing that you have ever experienced? What makes it so scary?
- What was the best Halloween costume you have ever had? Write what made it so special.
- What was the best Halloween you ever had? What made it great?
- Explain Halloween to someone from another planet, who has never heard about the celebration.
- Write an how-to book on how to create a jack-o-lantern!
- Would you spend a night in a graveyard or haunted house for $100? Why or why not?
- Create and describe your very own monster. What does it look like? What’s its name? What’s its most scary feature?
- Write a scary trick-or-treating story, starting from the minute the main character puts on his/her costume and finishes when he/she puts on normal clothes again.
Tip: Create your own WriteReader templates and share them with your students.