- How does WriteReader work?
- How is WriteReader different than other writing platforms?
- How do I add students to my class if I use Google Classroom?
- How do I add students to my class if I use email/password to sign in?
- Does WriteReader work with iPads?
- I can’t find my students books
- What is the difference between login with email and logging in with Google Classroom?
- Is student privacy protected?
- What if a student forgets their username?
- Which browsers and devices do WriteReader support?
- Are images found in image search free to use?
- How do I get a class code?
- How do I change my password?
- I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
- How can I share books with parents and others?
- I can’t find my student’s books?
- I get a message that my account is locked. How can I unlock it?
- What is the difference between logging in with email and logging in with Google Classroom?
- How do I add co-teachers?
- WriteReader FREE
- WriteReader PREMIUM
- How do I cancel my premium subscription?
- What happens when my Premium subscription ends?
- If I upgrade, do my classes and students upgrade automatically?
- How long does my premium subscription last?
- Can a school buy access to multiple teachers?
- How can my school pay for this?
- Do you have a trial period?
How does WriteReader work?
Students can practice all language domains (reading, writing, listening, speaking) while becoming authors. Students can create books using text, images, voice recording and publish their work digitally and have their books printed enabling them to become proud authors.
How is WriteReader different than other writing platforms?
WriteReader empowers teachers with an easy-to-use tool for implementing evidence-based reading and writing instruction. With minimal planning and quick steps, WriteReader can supplement any curriculum across all content areas while motivating students to become confident, independent writers and readers.
How do I add students to my class if I use Google Classroom?
If you use Google Classroom to log in, you don’t need to create students as we automatically pull in your classes and students. Students just need to use the Google Classroom option to log in. No code or username is required.
How do I add students to my class if I use email/password to sign in?
If you have used email and password to create your account, you need to add students manually by clicking on the “user” in the top menu. We recommend creating unique usernames for your students so that they cant guess each other’s usernames. Students will need their usernames and the class code to log in.
Does WriteReader work with iPads?
Yes, you can use WriteReader through the Safari browser through the iPad. Open your Safari browser on your iPad and go to app.writereader.com
Is student privacy protected?
Student privacy is always protected when using WriteReader. Data is safely stored by Amazon in the US for North American users and in the EU for the rest of the world. There are no advertisements and third parties do not have access to any student information that is provided in WriteReader. The Pixabay safe search within the program filters for age-appropriate images. Only teachers have the ability to publish students’ work by creating a sharable link of the book. View our privacy and security policy here: https://www.writereader.com/privacy-policy-security/
What if a student forgets their username?
Teachers can view the usernames of each student in their class from the dashboard. We recommend creating unique usernames so that students are not able to guess each other’s usernames.
Which browsers and devices do WriteReader support?
app.writereader.com is web-based and works in the latest version of Chrome, Safari and Firefox. WriteReader works on desktop, laptop, tablets and smartphones.
Are images found in image search free to use?
How do I get a class code?
When signing up as a teacher, we will auto-create your first class with a class code visible in the class overview. No class code is required when using Google Classroom to log in.
If you are a parent wanting to help your child to log on, you need to get the class code from your child’s teacher. You can create your own account if your child is not using WriteReader in school.
How do I change my password?
If you want to change your password you can use the “Forgot your password?” on the login screen. This will send you an email with a link, from which you can create a new password.
I have forgotten my password, what do I do?
If you have forgotten your password, click “Forgot your password?” on the log-in screen here: https://app.writereader.com/login
I can’t find my student’s books?
Ensure that you are logging in the correct way. Either through email/password OR Google Classroom as these are two separate accounts. If you are using Google Classroom then make sure to log in through the “educator” view to be logged in as the teacher. Logging in to Google Classroom from the “student view” will log you in as a student.
I get a message that my account is locked. How can I unlock it?
The account-locked message appears when our system is unable to detect your region as we want to store your data based on your region.
- If you are based in North America (US & Canada) and traveling abroad then use this link to access your account: https://us-app.writereader.com/ When you are back in the US/Canada then use https://app.writereader.com/ again.
- If you are based outside North America and traveling to the US/Canada and get a message that your account is locked then use this link to access your account: http://rw-app.writereader.com/ When you are back home then use https://app.writereader.com/ again.
What is the difference between logging in with email and logging in with Google Classroom?
Either you can sign up with your email and a password which will create a class code that you can share with your students or you can use Google Classroom. Advise your students not to use Google Classroom if you have already created usernames and have a class code as this will create a new account for the students and you as the teacher will not be able to get an overview of student books created.
How do I add co-teachers?
You can add up to 3 different teachers in each teacher account. The same 3 co-teachers can be added to all classes.
- Log into your WriteReader account. (Not relevant if you use Google Classroom as co-teachers are automatically imported from your Google Classroom set up)
- Click on the word “Students” (next to “Bookshelf”) on the blue toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click the blue Add (+) button in the Co-teachers section.
- Type their email address in the pop-up box and click “Invite.”
- The co-teacher will receive an invitation email from you with a link.
- The co-teacher clicks the link in the invitation email.
- Following the link will lead the co-teacher to a page where they should:
- Log in with their existing account – the co-teacher is led to this page if they have an existing account
- Create a new account with the invited email address – the co-teacher is led to this page if they do not have an existing account.
- Once the co-teacher is logged in, or has created a new account, they will have access to the class.
Can I use the free version of WriteReader?
We are committed to providing a free model where you as an educator can create 60 books with your students, add as many students and classes as you like and use basic features. Here is an overview of all the free features https://www.writereader.com/pricing
Our premium pricing model is based on a yearly subscription where teachers and students get access to premium features and create unlimited books. You can upgrade your account at any time directly from your account when logged in.
How do I cancel my premium subscription?
If you have subscribed to premium with a credit card, your subscription will be auto-renewed each year. You can cancel your subscription under account settings when logged in to your account.
What happens when my Premium subscription ends?
You’ll be automatically transferred to WriteReader FREE, the free version of WriteReader. All work created by you and your students remains accessible. You can upgrade to premium at any time.
If I upgrade, do my classes and students upgrade automatically?
Yes, all students that are tied to your classes will be automatically upgraded. Premium features will also be available for new students and classes which you add.
How long does my premium subscription last?
WriteReader premium subscription lasts one year (365 days) from the date of purchase.
Can a school buy access to multiple teachers?
Schools with more than 10 classes can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote.
How can my school pay for this?
We sell directly to schools and institutions. You can pay by purchase order for orders of more than 10 teacher subscriptions. Please email us at email@example.com for further information and a copy of our W-9.
Do you have a trial period?
Everyone can sign up for free and create 60 books with basic features. To continue to use all features without any limitations you need to buy a subscription. For a school-wide 30-day trial period with premium functionalities, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org